Sunday 20 January 2019

Reason For My Long Hiatus

Hey everyone.
It's been a long time since I last posted, and some of you, especially those who don't follow me on social media (links on right) are probably wondering what happened.
The main reason I stopped was lack of income. Actually, that's really the only reason. I wasn't making any money from making these blogs, or any other writing I was doing, and it meant I had less time to put towards other activities that might create a more immediate source of income i.e. job searches.
So what have I been doing since I stopped blogging. Well, jobs searches, obviously. Lots of job searches. Unfortunately I'm in a low employment area and haven't had much luck.
I also went into the 'work for the dole' phase with Centrelink and started woking at Salvation Army Family Store four days a week. I finished that thank goodness. I liked working there, but trying to do twenty job searches a month when 9am-4pm four days of the week you can't, and making most of your free days the weekend when most businesses are closed it's not easy.
I also did a course online. I now have my Certificate III in Business.
I also stared a domestic cleaning business, Sapphire House Cleaning. I found I quite enjoy it, but it didn't feel right just settling. I wanted to write again. I'm still running this business too though.
I started helping with the family business as an oyster farmer. Not my dream job. I'm one of those people who manage to stay clean almost always, no matter what I'm doing. Oyster farming is a job where it's impossible to stay clean. Mud streaks are on your shirt even wearing an apron; you wear gloves covered in dead cunjevoi, oysters, and mud; gumboots, or better yet waders, are a must. It felt awful for me.
Finally, after telling my job provider I intended to restart this blog, and also start a blog on the 'Warriors' series by Erin Hunter, and connect them to Patreon I joined the NEIS program.
NEIS is basically a program for people with business ideas. You do a Certificate III in Micro Business Operations, write a job plan, a financial projection, and get a mentors support running your business for the first year. This means I'll be putting this blog posts out for at least a year. And, hopefully, if I start making money off Patreon, longer.

I know this blog was meant to out on the 13th. It took me a week to reorganise my schedule, but now the writing blog will be out every Sunday. I’ll also be able to get a ‘Warriors’ blog out every Saturday. On Monday every week I’ll start working on my blogs, and move to other writing activities when both are finished. This is of course with my domestic cleaning work allowing. That is usually only a coupe of hours one or two days a week though. Other writing activities will include things such as working on my current works in progress e.g. Karcess: Wolves In Turmoil.

Both this and my ‘Warriors’ blog, along with my other writing will be funded by Patreon. I’ve added tiers to give patrons rewards like being named in the sidebars of the blogs, and being able to read blog posts early, before they are free to view for everyone. It would be a great help even if you can only give $1 a month. And anyone who can’t become a patron, thank you for reading. I’d love to hear form you!


Happy to be back,


     Teen Fantasy Author

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *